Monday, 18 October 2010

[10.18] This I Believe (draft)

I am a non-believer and . I don't believe in any god in any religion that exists on earth. This is not because I was educated to not to believe in god, but because no one has told me about the god, or I will say, because there was no resources for me to believe in. When I was in high school, I have read about stories on the Bible, I have a book that contained most of the famous Bible stories in it, from that book, I read about "David and Goliath", "Noah's Ark" and so on. I read them just as normal fairy tales just like others that we can see on the story books. After I come to the US, I met some Christian friend, they warmly introduced me to their bible study group and encourage to join their meeting everyday. From that time I became interested in Bible. They gave me a Bible as a gift, and I started reading it. I found it so interesting and started to discuss with my friends. I asked them questions that I didn't understand. And I went to church for a few times and went for retreat in spring break last year. I met some very kind uncles and aunties in the church, they have looked after me very well and I really love them. However I don't go to church and bible study now, I still stay contact with them. I love reading books about Christianity and I like to think about it. I think I will remain a nonbeliever, and waiting, when the time is ready.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting concept. I like that you took a different approach to the essay.

    You need an "s" on the end of friend in "I met some Christian friend"

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of my friends feel the same way, thats very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would try to bring the attention more to yourself rather than the situation so we can put ourselves in your place but overall I thought it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand your dilemma. Your essay does portray your feelings.

    ReplyDelete