Thursday, 18 November 2010

[11.18] DST draft

On January 12th 2008, I arrived at the IAD airport in Washington DC, to start my brand new life here in a country that I have never been here before. All my life I lived in SZ, which is very closed to HK, I lived there for 18 years and have never been living outside of it before.
It has always been their dream that my parents want to send me abroad, and I doubt that they have even started 15 years ago, when I just started my elementary school. I remember that there was an exchange program to the US when I was in fourth grade, and we were all crazy about it, but finally the program was aborted by some kind of unknown reason.
When I was in middle school, I went to UK with my parents. We stayed there for 2 weeks and I visited a local college. It was that experience gave me a first look of studying in a foreign country.
After I came to the US, I experienced:
culture shock: food, speech, lecture, living style.
Time management,
self regulation-spring break,
self-study.
Interaction with people, polite, friendly, culture shock.

3 comments:

  1. Such an interesting story! How do you feel about your situation now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely the start to something great. Perhaps you could add some more details about the differences you experienced when you moved here, as compared to China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Gerald: thx! im feeling kinda lost now actually lol, I do love living here but im not sure what should I do after graduated, maybe I will figure it out later lol.

    @ Hillary: im working on the 2nd draft know so I will bring a more detailed story tomorrow, thx for the advice!

    ReplyDelete